. . . was one of THE. MOST. A-MA-ZING. THINGS. I have E-VER. DONE.
IN.CRE.DI.BLE.
Elephants, Giraffes, White Rhinos, Lions, Cheetahs (just after they made a kill), Buffalo, Hippos, Zebras, Wildebeests, Warthogs, Ostriches, Topi, Impalas, many kinds of Gazelles, Lilac Breasted Roller, DikDiks, Hyenas, Guinea Fowl, Baboons, the largest flying bird (40lbs), Jackals, Vultures, Eagle.
All so close you wouldn't believe it. The animals didn't mind the trucks AT ALL. They just stopped and looked us and let our trucks get really really close and sometimes they really seemed to be posing for us.
And Africa. Beautiful, formidable, amazing Africa.
I have never experienced anything like it. Everyone HAS to go.
I've got photos.
Oh. Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can't wait to see the pictures and hear the details!!!
What does a 40 pound bird look like? I would hate to get in its way. That;s about the size of a 12 month old human, isn't it? Also, never heard of a dikdik. Good show. Love, the MOM
Mom, I don't think 1 year old people weigh 40 lbs, do they? We were thinking it was more the size of a five year old. It was pretty impressive to imagine that it flies. A dikdik is a very tiny gazelle/antelope type creature and it is the only mammal (at least in Africa) that mates for life. And after one of the mates dies, the other doesn't live very long b/c of stress. Isn't that so sweet? We saw a little dikdik family. I have a picture.
For the record, they say at 4 years you should be 4 feet and 40 pounds.
Nellie-ta, what an adventure! How exciting! I cannot wait to see all the pictures, including the safari and the many different types of animals,amazing!
Post a Comment