Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Prayer

I have realized that I don't pray for my patients on my own nearly enough at home.

Please pray for Joseph today. He is 31 years old and newly diagnosed AIDS (ISS as they call it here). He is extremely ill with PCP pneumonia and took a significant turn for the worse today. He was lucid for many days, but since he has become more hypoxic, he is confused. He is not a candidate for mechanical ventilation, so we are doing what we can with BIPAP and he is holding his own for now, but very very sick. I fear he may not make it through the day. He has been rather stoic throughout the whole time and though there is some language barrier, I sense that his heart is hard. His father may know the Lord, I'm not sure. His family does not know about his HIV, per his request. Please pray for him and his family. Pray that God would heal him. Pray that his spirit would be ministered to by the Holy Spirit. Pray for his family. On the human level, pray that our equipment would work properly and that the nurses would be able to keep his mask on him properly. And that the medicines would work.

Thank you.

No comments: