My Dear Friends and Family,
I hope this finds you all well. This email finds ME in my typical
NightBeforeABigTrip state. . . . piles of stuff scattered around everywhere
. . . not much yet actually IN the suitcase. . . and a list of 10 things yet
to do swarming around in my head. But don't worry, somehow the stuff always
manages to get from the floor into the suitcase, my head eventually calms
down, and I do get on the plane. I do have the important stuff . .
passport, plane ticket, vaccines, malaria medicine, stethoscope, and my
camera. :)
So. I just wanted to touch base and thank you all for your encouragement
and excitement and support as I have been preparing for this trip. God has
blessed me through you. He has shown me His mercy and provision through
you. I am so thankful. It has been been a treasure to see the Body of
Christ enter into this with me. Thank you.
My folks just arrived and they will take me to the airport in Charlotte
tomorrow. My flight leaves around 2:20PM. I'll fly from Charlotte to
Chicago to London to Nairobi. I'll stay overnight at a mission house in
Nairobi and then go to Kijabe on Saturday (about an hour drive). I
appreciate your prayers as I travel.
I will have internet access while I am there, though I don't know how often.
I will likely be using the computer of other families while I am there, so
I will need to be careful about the time I spend. To facilitate
communication, I have set up a Blog (web journal) so that I can write in one
place (and hopefully post photos).
The address is:
www.nellieinkenya.blogspot.com.
You can leave comments there on the Blog or you can feel free to email me at
my normal address.
I'll close with a few prayer requests:
1. Travel safety
2. Logistics/details of some things that I'm leaving behind here in the
states . . that God would provide for them smoothly
3. I've been struggling a lot with anxiety in ways I haven't before.
Please pray that God would truly be the peace that passes understanding to
guard my heart.
4. That I will develop relationships well in Kijabe with both the
missionaries and the nationals.
5. That I will be useful in the hospital. That I will catch on to new
things quick. That I will be able to share something that I know. That I
will have the heart of a servant.
6. That I will glorify God
7. That God will show me Himself in new ways that draw me to love Him more.
That I will really be amazed by Him. That I will enjoy Him. That He
would renew my heart and restore the joy of my salvation.
Okay. I think that'll do it. I better get to that suitcase. Again, THANK
YOU. May God be with you all these next several weeks!!
Much love,
Nellie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
First thing every morning, I check your blog. Love and hugs, Mom
Nellie, I'm so excited for you. I love your blog. I know you remember when Taryn and I went there 3 years ago, and your stories bring back some great memories. Your hospital is much different though.
If you have any Peds questions, feel free to email me, and I'll read them....and immediately go ask my attendings here.
Remember, if you can't figure it out, it's HIV until proven otherwise.
Praying for you. God bless.
Casey
Post a Comment